- Many type parameters for text and dimensions should be instance based.
- When placing view on sheets, users should be prompted for a viewport type.
- Ability to use filter or override graphics in view to change detail level of select items.
- Ability to turn worksets on or off in view templates.
- Ability to preload link in a RTE file.
- Offer cut, copy and paste via right-click menu.
- All parameters can be tagged or scheduled regardless if shared or not.
- Ability to cut sections through any kind of family.
- Filter by type or family names in schedule.
- Ability for parameters in one family to drive parameters in others.
- Use a material tag on railings.
- Use text parameter values in conditional statements .
- Save to central should offer a reload links option.
- A bigger dot when placing corner mullions on curtain walls .
- If the cut plane cuts it, it should show per cut object styles.
- Elevation view should offer different line weights per the distance from the elevation cut.
- Ability to turn off calculations while working in Revit MEP.
- Create a non dialog box based stair tool.
- Central file should not tie up those not saving to central, when making changes to parameters.
- Face-based families should have a level offset.
- Voids in a host family should cut geometry that's been nested in.
- To have the option to use the Count Parameter in a calculated value while scheduling
Friday, April 9, 2010
The Wish List
After working with Revit for several years, you start to hit some walls that are insurmountable without spending a great amount of time and effort to overcome. These are a few of these issues that my colleagues and I have come up with and they will be added to periodically, so check back often. Also please feel free to suggest some of your own.